Mental Health Services
Mental Health Services
What we do in our mental health services
We worked with individuals, families, and/or groups to treat emotional and mental disorders while promoting mental health. Our Mental Health professionals are trained in a variety of therapeutic techniques used to address issues, such as depression, anxiety, addictions, substance abuse, suicidal impulses, stress, problems with self-esteem, and grief among others. We also help with job and career concerns, educational decisions, issues related to family, parenting, marital, or other relationship problems. Our Mental Health Professionals often work closely with other professionals including but not limited to psychiatrists, psychologists, clinical social workers, psychiatric nurses, case managers, and school counselors.
Treatments Services are to be provided by personnel with the appropriate qualifications:
- An earned Master’s Degree, Doctor of Psychology, or Doctor of Philosophy from an Accredited College or University in Counseling, Social Work, Psychology or other related field.
- Hold a State of Florida license as a Registered Mental Health Counselor Intern, Registered Marriage & Family Clinical Staff Intern, or Registered Clinical Social Worker Intern.
- Hold a State of Florida license as a Mental Health Counselor, Marriage & Family Clinical Staff, or Clinical Social Worker
Mental Health Modalities
Individual and Family Therapy
- Include the provision of insight oriented, cognitive behavioral or supportive therapy to an individual or family. Individual and family therapy may involve the recipient, the recipient’s family (without the recipient present), or a combination of therapy with the recipient and the recipient’s family.
- Include the provision of cognitive behavioral, supportive therapy, or counseling to individuals or families and consultation with family or other responsible persons for sharing of clinical information. Also included is education, counseling, or advising family or other responsible persons on how to assist the client.
Psychosocial Rehabilitation Services (PSR)
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation Services are intended to restore a recipient’s skills and abilities essential for independent living. Activities include: development and maintenance of necessary daily living skills; food planning and preparation; money management; maintenance of the living environment; and training in appropriate use of community services. This service combines daily medication use, independent living and social skills training, housing services, prevocational and transitional employment rehabilitation training, social support, and network enhancement to recipients and their families.
Mental Health Targeted Case Management (TCM)
- Mental health targeted case management services is to assist recipients in gaining access to needed medical, social, educational, and other services.
- The primary goal of mental health targeted case management is to optimize the functioning of recipients who have complex needs by coordinating the provision of quality treatment and support services in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Services and service frequency should accurately reflect the individual needs, goals, and abilities of each recipient and must not simply reflect the Medicaid maximum allowable for the service.
- Psychotherapy is a modality in which a group of patients meet to describe and discuss their problems together under the supervision of a therapist. We meet patients, depending on the nature of their problems to addressing their concerns and making positive changes in their life.
Psychological assessment is a series of tests conducted by a psychologist, to gather information about how people think, feel, behave and react. The findings are used to develop a report of the person’s abilities and behavior—known as a psychological report—which is then used as a basis to make recommendations for the individual’s treatment: Mental health assessment, Adaptive behavior assessments, Aptitude testing, Cognitive testing, Educational/achievement testing, Forensic psychological testing, Neuropsychological testing, Personality assessment.
If you need psychiatry services or mental health counseling Contact Us
Do you or a family memebr need Psychiatric Services?
Book an appointment today to receive a psychiatric evaluation and create a plan to receive the services that best suit your needs